We all know melons and summertime go hand in hand, but Shah Mofid (Dad) took it to another level this year. He insisted I take home a cantaloupe the size of the Death Star and my first thought, actually my second thought was that I gotta either freeze it, or make some lemonade (My first thought was “How many GMO’s went in to make this guy?”). Soooo . . . I chopped it up and froze it intending to use it later.
That’s a 2 – gallon bag ^.
Wanting to do something creative with this over-abundance of fruit, I made a melon-y smoothie bowl out of it. It was so much better than I expected it to be, so I couldn’t help but post it!
Oh no! Dad was right!!! My massive cantaloupe came into use!
I threw in some strawberries, banana, almond butter, and almond milk – lovely.
Some ground flaxseeds would go perfectly in here as well.
Top with seriously anything – but I chose to sprinkle on some chia seeds and frozen blueberries. Then of course, drizzle with all the almond butter ya want!
*Feel free to make any substitutions you’d like. – Let me know if you make any groundbreaking discoveries in the comments!
Cantaloupe Smoothie Bowl
A refreshing, vegan, and summery cantaloupe smoothie poured into a cereal bowl and topped with life's goodness.
- 1.5 C frozen Cantaloupe - diced
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1/3 C frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp creamy, unsalted Almond Butter
- 1 C unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk
- Chia Seeds
- Frozen Blueberries
- Almond Butter
- Step 1 Combine all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend/pulse until smooth. Add more almond milk if mixture becomes too icy.
- Step 2 Transfer to 1 large or 2 small bowls. Sprinkle with your preferred amount of Chia Seeds, frozen Blueberries, and Almond Butter.